How to ride an Electric Skateboard
At first learning to ride an Electric Skateboard may be daunting but with the following few tips, we will show you how to shred in no time!
1) First off, study your manual. If you don’t have one you can download it HERE
2) Enter low speed mode on your remote. All you need to do is open the case on the back of your ‘H’ series remote and make sure the dial is on the left ‘slow’ position (Illustration of a turtle). If you have a ‘B’ series remote hold down the red button until the remote turns on. Before touching the motion controller tap the red button once again to change from High to Low mode.
3) Put your helmet on. Hold the brake (Backwards on the motion controller) and step onto your board. Take a wide stance with your legs and bend your knees. Lean forward and push forward on your remote slowly to ride forwards.
4) To brake lean slightly backwards with your knees bent and pull backwards on your remote.
5) For emergency situations it’s important to learn how to foot brake. To foot brake take all the weight into your front leg. Take your back foot off the board and drag the heel of your foot lightly along the ground until you come to complete stop.
- Keep your remote below your waist to optimize the connection between your remote and board.
- To maximize battery range; push to start, and accelerate slowly. Ride in ‘slow’ or ‘eco’ modes whenever possible and brake gradually.
- Ride with a smile
- SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube for more Electric Skateboard tips!